Friday, January 29, 2016

A look at Birthday's Past

My boys are approaching their 4th birthday! Oh my gosh. I can't believe it. Every year around February I start asking the boys what they want to do for their birthdays. The interior designer in me LOVES planning the party but I also don't love how much time it takes. The 2nd year birthday I went all out and had some great help. The 3rd birthday we lucked out with a party at Home Depot (FREE! Ryan said it should be after all the money we spend there). On their first birthday we had just moved to Washington so we didn't have a party. But we did take these super cute photos.


Two years we had a BIG party, choo choo train themed. It was super fun but a lot of work. Last year we did a "Bob the Builder Party" (scroll down). Here's a look back to what we did two years ago.

Invitations:


Designed my my good friend Garrett McFarland


I took some pictures of my boys for the decorations. These are a few of my favorites. 





They outgrew these adorable boots months ago which makes me sad. Below are photos of the decor I used and the day of the party before guests arrived. 










Last year, for their 3rd birthday (these birthdays all seem like yesterday) we did a "Bob the Builder" themed party at had it at Home Depot.
















This year? Who knows! I haven't really asked the boys but I want something low key! Anyone have any fun ideas?




No comments:

Post a Comment